Thursday, December 9, 2004

Haven't Tried That!

I got curious about Trumbo and the bathtub, so I did a quick internet search and found this anecdote:

"He worked at night, often in the bathtub, the typewriter in front of him on a tray, a cigarette in his mouth (he smoked six packs a day). On his shoulder perched a parrot I had given him, pecking Dalton's ear while Dalton pecked at the keys." (Kirk Douglas in The Ragman's Son, 1988)

A parrot!  I haven't tried that.  I've had several cats perched on the ledge of my tub, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great line from Douglas.  And a wonderful image of cats on bathtub ledges!  My niece has just got a little gray tabby kitten called Rabbit, who is bouncing around the house, annoying the heck out of dignified old Thomas, their original cat.  Thomas is not amused.  Rabbit thinks it's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

six packs a day, wow. The air would be blue............................ judi